MobilePay received feature feedback, that it would be beneficial, if merchant VAT numer could be mapped to the access_token.
This is especially relevant for integrators, who are managing MobilePay Invoice and/or Subscriptions for multiple merchants.
We have listened to your feedback, and delivered the feature. Read more below, to know how you can extract VAT number from the access_token.
- Merchants integrating for themselves should include their own VAT number in the consent flow.
- Integrators need to send the merchant VAT number in the consent flow.
You should send it as an extra URL parameter (authorize?merchant_vat=DK12345678). It consists of Country Code and Vat number.
You can find the information by extracting it from the
If you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Is this a breaking change? Yes. It is a breaking change, if the user is going to use multiple merchants. i.e. one user can have multiple merchants assigned.
- Where do I find the OIDC docs? On https://developer.mobilepay.dk/developersupport/openid/ We recommend reading the docs if you have not already, as it includes code examples and further details.
- What do I need to change in the /authorize call? you need to add merchant_vat as a query param on the /authorize call. Read more about the authorize call on our docs on here
- Where do I find more info about merchant_vat? Here
- What happens if I enter the wrong VAT number? If you enter the wrong VAT number due to a typo or such, then it would fail. We use the VAT number to find out which merchant it belongs to.
- Where can I find the OIDC docs on the Authorization request? https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html#AuthorizationEndpoint and you can search by "Other parameters MAY be sent."
- Why do I need to include the Country prefix? Because MobilePay API's are used in both Finland and Denmark, then there is a slight chance that the same VAT number is used for two different companies. To mitigate this and to avoid possible clashes, the country prefix is included.