💙🧡 Transition to One Platform
One platform – more reach
On November 1st 2022 the merger between MobilePay and Norwegian Vipps was approved. We have now set full speed on the transition towards having one joint platform to become the best and most used payment wallet in the Nordics for you as customers and partners and for our users. Early 2024, the ambition is to have one app, branded locally as MobilePay in Denmark and Finland and Vipps in Norway, and one platform with more than 11 million users and more than 400.000 merchants across the Nordics.
Migrate to a new API early 2024
To allow for the flexibility and reach that we aim for, we will have to replace the current MobilePay Invoice API with new APIs on the new joint platform by early of 2024. This will require a new integration.
Nordic Wallet Launch 🚀 - this will be the the day when all MobilePay users will get new, updgraded app version. On the same date Invoice APIs will stop working and you will have to switch your trafic to ePayments APIs.
- March 12th we will launch the new platform in Denmark and migrate all Danish merchants.
➡️ If you have direct integration
We ask you to change your existing integration from Invoice APIs to ePayment APIs. This API has multiple options and variations how it can be used not just for Invoice payments. Here is some recomendations how you can create similar flow of Invoice payment on ePayments API here.
Before Nordic Wallet Launch Date 🚀
- Get familiar with ePayment APIs documentation, migration guide and other related documentation for the new platform.
- If you are a partner, inform your merchants about your reintegration progress.
- Get access to the test environment as partner or merchant.
- Implement new integration till Nordic Wallet Launch which will happen in 2024 Q1.
The new platform is already launched in Finland and we are exitied to launch it in Denmark on March 12th. We have gained great experience through the Finnish launch and want to highlight three main topics we suggest you to be aware of:
- Ensure that you have whitelisted our new servers to ensure that requests and callbacks are successful.
- Once the new platform is launched all users must upgrade their app. This is a force upgrade of the app and must be completed in order to access MobilePay. This means that a lot of users will update the app on the 12th and the following days causing their user journy to be prolounged. This may result in expired payments while the user updates the app.
- Operational issues will not be sent to the old operational mail lists but instead supplied through our new operational status pages. Ensure to sign up for the updates through the new pages.
On Nordic Wallet Launch Date 🚀
- All Invoices which are sent and not paid will be canceled by system.
- We recommend you to recreated these invoices using ePayments API as soon as old invoices is canceled by system.
➡️ If you are using Invoice though partner
Please contact your partner for more information about its plans to reintegrate to new ePayment APIs on new platform.
1. Will users get a new app? 📱
Yes, all app users will have to download the new app versions, this will be a force upgrade on Nordic Wallet Launch day. We will make sure, that user do not need to create new account, their profiles will be migrated to new platform.
2. What will happen with Invoices which is already sent?
All Invoices which is send and not paid will be canceled by system. We recommend you to recreated these invoices on the Nordic Wallet Launch day using the ePayments API.
3. What if we have sent paper Invoices with QR to pay with MobilePay?
All these payment requests will be canceled on Nordic Wallet Launch day together with all other pending invoices. If user would scan that QR some time later, User will be informed, that link is expired.
4. We are using Link to Direct consent flow, will we be able to use something similar?
Yes, you can use profile sharing feature where user can grant you consent and share multiple data points with you. Read more here.
5. We are using Link to Direct consent flow, where can we find user consent which is already granted to us?
6. How do I register to test ePayments?
The test environment is called Merchant Test (MT) and is now open for test. MT currently only allows Norwegian phone numbers, currency and merchants, but you can test the API and payment flow. Please see the details of limitations of the test environment
In order to request access to the test environment, please use the following links:
We will send you an e-mail with the information you need to get started. This is also needed even though you are an existing MobilePay integrator or merchant, since we need your information registered on our new joint platform.